Development Manager, Special Events
The Development Manager, Special Events is responsible for developing and executing effective fundraising, donor recruitment and development strategies for the Affiliate in the Madison area.
This position requires an ability to build strong relationships with event sponsors, participants, vendors and volunteers. This individual is committed to the Susan G Komen mission and will be instrumental in growing revenue for special events across south central Wisconsin. View the full job description here.
Komen Wisconsin has several internships that offer on-the-job training as well as the opportunity to make an impact in the fight against breast cancer in Wisconsin. We welcome current students and recent graduates to apply for one of our internship opportunities below.
We are currently accepting letters of application for Fall 2019. We accept full-time and part-time interns. Although all of our internships are unpaid, we do work with universities to offer course credit.
– Spring: January – May (Applications due November 1)
– Summer: May – August (Applications due April 1)
– Fall: August – December (Applications due August 1)
To apply for an internship, potential candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Nikki Panico at info@KomenWisconsin.org. Include the intern job title and your first and last name in the subject line of the email.
Development and Events Intern
Komen Wisconsin is looking for an outgoing, creative and motivated individual who is willing to help with the many facets of development and special events. This position will provide training and professional experience to students or other appropriate individuals whose career intent includes fundraising, event planning, donor stewardship, administrative support and other institutional advancement duties. The position will work directly with the development manager, special events and the entire Komen Wisconsin team to support day-to-day administration as well as special projects and events including the MORE THAN PINK Walk and Dine Out for a Cure. View the full internship job description here.
Communications, Social Media & PR Intern
- Responsible for assisting with the development and execution of Komen Wisconsin internal and external communications, marketing and collateral materials and advertising/publicity campaigns
- Collaborate with staff to create a comprehensive communications calendar for emails and all social media platforms and meet all deadlines
- Responsible for creating a social media strategy surrounding upcoming signature events, National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and other mission-related messaging
- Utilize Adobe Design Suite to create invitations, web graphics, magazine advertisements, event brochures, educational and fundraising collateral, signage and more
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and email marketing tools preferred
- Ideal for applicants pursuing a degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing
- View the full internship description here.
- Assist in the community grants program that may include activities such as reporting, surveying, and data entry
- Assist in developing and implementing activities that address the gaps in uninsured/underinsured populations in service area through education and outreach efforts, as proposed in the Community Profile and set forth through a strategic plan
- Work collaboratively with Mission staff and volunteers to participate in appropriate community-sponsored educational programs, and appropriate Affiliate education initiatives within the Affiliate service area
- Update list of current Speakers Bureau members and identify potential members and assist with recruitment
- Seek out speaking/event opportunities for Speakers Bureau members
- Assist with connecting community to free breast health resources such as mammograms
- May assist with special projects involving the LGBTQ+, recent immigrant, African-American, and Latina communities, public policy advocacy, survivorship conferences, and coalition building
- Participate in lobby days, education events, and other advocacy opportunities
- View the full Mission internship description here.