- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
Special funds for breast health services and for people with breast cancer
Komen’s mission is to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.
The following financial assistance is available:
Breast health services including:
- Breast exam
- other tests as recommended
Support services for individuals with a breast cancer diagnosis include:
- Transportation to and from treatment
Lymphedema care and supplies
- Health insurance premiums, deductibles and co-pays
- Child care/elder care
- Oral pain and anti-nausea medication
- Oral chemotherapy/hormone therapy
Who is eligible?
- Uninsured, insured and under insured individuals may apply.
- Individuals with income at or below 400% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Individuals who are currently in active treatment. For the purposes of receiving funding, active treatment is defined as receiving surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation at the time the funding is requested.
- Individuals of any age who are residents of or receiving treatment in these counties:
Breast Cancer Assistance Fund FAQ
Breast Cancer Assistance Fund Brochure
Breast Cancer Assistance Fund Application in English
Breast Cancer Assistance Fund Application in Spanish
Wisconsin Well Women Program
Janet Johnson, Breast Cancer Assistance Fund Coordinator
How is your assistance funded?
- Through fundraising events and Race for the Cure donors generate money for Susan G. Komen Wisconsin.
- Each year Komen Wisconsin uses a large portion of those donations to set up the Komen WI Breast Cancer Assistance Fund.
- The Wisconsin Women’s Health Foundation is hired to provide the administrative staff that processes your financial assistance.
- Family, friends and others inspired by your story continue the cycle of giving back.
Special thanks to Kohl’s for contributing to this fund in the Milwaukee area.