- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
- About Us
Your help is needed now, more than ever.
Susan G. Komen Wisconsin established the COVID-19 Action Fund to support urgent needs among our breast cancer community today.
Who’s At Risk?
The corona virus pandemic is new, unprecedented and confusing. Komen Wisconsin is committed to keeping you informed with the latest news and guidance as the situation evolves.
Those most vulnerable within the breast cancer community include those living with metastatic breast cancer, breast cancer patients and survivors. Certain breast cancer therapies can cause immune systems to be compromised both during and long after treatment ends.
You can help ensure support continues for those in need, including:
Full listing of Facebook Live events here.
What You Need to Know: Tips and Resources to Protect Yourself and Your Family
Breast cancer patients are among the most vulnerable to COVID-19.
To minimize exposure to COVID-19, Susan G. Komen suggests healthy women of average breast cancer risk who do not have signs of breast cancer delay their annual mammogram. At the same time, it’s just as important to know your normal and understand the warning signs of breast cancer to contact a doctor if you see changes.
Undue stress may be experienced by anyone during this pandemic, especially by those more vulnerable to COVID-19.
Latest News and Updates: COVID-19 Response is Evolving, Remain Informed
Komen will provide the latest news, updates, and recommendations via the Komen Blog.
Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference in Milwaukee
Originally scheduled for April 30 and May 1 will be postponed to September. The date and location are not determined yet. Please continue to check this page for the most up to date information or visit the Conference page HERE. If you have further questions on the conference, please email Gloria@KomenWisconsin.org. For those that have already registered for the 2020 event, your registration will be honored for the forthcoming new date.
South Central Wisconsin MORE THAN PINK WALK in Madison
Originally scheduled for June 6th we have rescheduled for Saturday, October 17, 2020, still at Willow Island at Alliant Energy Center. Additional information and questions related to this Walk can be found HERE.
Central Wisconsin MORE THAN PINK WALK in Wausau
Originally scheduled for August 6, 2020 we have rescheduled for Sunday, October 11, 2020, still at the 400 Block. Additional information and questions related to this Walk can be found HERE.
COVID-19 & Breast Cancer: Impact of Coronavirus on Breast Cancer
Thursday, April 16, 12:00 pm, Facebook , Komen Wisconsin Facebook
Tune in for a Facebook Live webinar featuring Dr. Eugene Ahn, MD, Medical Director of Clinical Trials, Medical Oncologist at Cancer Treatment Centers of America. While the news about the COVID-19 pandemic is changing daily, we know people touched by breast cancer want to know what this means for them. Dr. Ahn will share an overview of the coronavirus, precautions you should take if you’re living with breast cancer, and how hospitals are adjusting to a global pandemic. Bring all your pressing questions as we share the details surrounding COVID-19 to our breast cancer community.
COVID-19 and Breast Cancer: Managing Your Stress @ Home
Tuesday, April 21, 11:00 am, Komen Wisconsin Facebook
Join us for a Facebook live educational session where Laura Stratte, Breast Cancer Survivor and Survivorship Navigator at Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s, will discuss ways you can help relieve stress during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you or someone you love is currently in active breast cancer treatment, a breast cancer survivor or metastatic thriver, this is for you.
Full listing of Facebook Live events here.
- Medicine Assistance Tool – a search engine designed to help patients, caregivers and health care providers discover available resources. Many companies have recently expanded their assistance programs due to COVID-19
- Partnership to Fight Chronic Disease – informational resources for high risk groups
- Kaiser Family Foundation– map that shows which states have taken “health policy actions” including waiving cost sharing, early refills, etc.
- Stateside– list by state of recent state actions, legislative and executive
- National Governors Association– list of state actions, including an essential business tracker
- National Conference of State Legislators– legislature-focused actions
- The Commonwealth Fund– private insurance changes by states
- Council of State Governments– wide-ranging tools, governors and legislatures
- Milkin Institute COVID-19 Treatment Tracker – information on potential treatments & vaccines in development
We are here for YOU!
Please reference the list below to reach the appropriate staff person. If you need information, please visit our website anytime at www.komenwisconsin.org. For more information on COVID-19 specifically, please click here.
- For general inquiries about Komen Wisconsin, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For information on resources for patient navigation, mammography, diagnostics, or patient assistance, email Gloria@KomenWisconsin.org.
- For information on MORE THAN PINK Walk, email Sandy at Sandy@KomenWisconsin.org.
- For information on sponsorships, donations, or fund development, email Robin at Robin@KomenWisconsin.org.
Support for breast cancer patients and survivors is imperative
You can rest assured that the staff of Komen Wisconsin remains available to help. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need support or guidance in your breast cancer journey during these uncertain times. We want to make sure you are taken care of.